What to Expect on Your Visit (Updated 4/20/22):
- Patrons must wear face coverings except when actively eating or drinking. Despite Cambridge’s decision to drop their mask requirement, our policy remains in place until otherwise noted.
- All Brattle staff must wear face coverings unless actively eating or drinking.
- Physical distancing is encouraged at all times where possible inside the cinema.
- Please be prepared to show your tickets for contactless check-in. You may either show your ticket on a smartphone or print a copy. A list of patrons will also be available if you have any issues with your ticket.
- The overall capacity of The Brattle has been limited to reduce congestion and encourage physical distancing. Currently, a maximum of 170 tickets will be sold for each screening (~70% capacity).
- No late admission will be allowed. Anyone arriving 10 minutes or more after showtime may not be admitted.
- Frequent hand washing is encouraged. Hand sanitizing stations have been installed throughout The Brattle.
- We have a robust cleaning protocol for The Brattle, especially high-touch areas. All Brattle staff have completed training in physical distancing and hygiene protocols.
- If you are feeling unwell or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home. You may contact us for a refund or to exchange tickets for a later date.
- By purchasing a ticket to The Brattle, you agree to comply with all Brattle policies, guidelines, and rules, including but not limited to wearing a face covering and adhering to other posted guidelines.
- Ventilation throughout The Brattle has been upgraded to hospital-grade MERV-13 filters
- Hand sanitizer available in the cinema, lobby, and bathrooms
- Enhanced disinfection of high-touch surfaces, with full cleaning and disinfection of cinema nightly
- Reduced capacity to allow more space between parties
- Face coverings are required for all staff and visitors while in The Brattle unless actively eating or drinking
- All staff are fully vaccinated.
- All staff trained on hygiene practices
- Staff provided with personal protective equipment and required to wear face coverings while in The Brattle
- Access to disinfectant for any shared equipment, in addition to enhanced cleaning throughout the shift
Changes to The Brattle
- HVAC assessment conducted by a NETR technician, confirming high quality fresh air flow in our cinema space (thank you, drafty, historic building!)
- Upgrade to MERV13 filters and installation of iWave ionizers for entire HVAC system
- Installation of touchless elements in the bathrooms and hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the cinema and lobby.
These protocols will continue to be amended and updated as needed in accordance with new guidelines, internal findings, and information from the industry.