What to Expect on Your Visit:
For all events after 10/1/2021 proof of full COVID vaccination* or a negative COVID test will be required (more info below)
- Patrons must wear face coverings except when actively eating or drinking. All Brattle staff must wear face coverings at all times.
- Physical distancing is encouraged at all times where possible inside the cinema.
- No cash sales at box office and concessions. Only credit cards, gift cards, and discount passes will be accepted for ticket reservation. Walk-up ticket sales are available pending capacity. Shows may sell out in advance.
- Every visitor will have a reserved seat (unless noted). During the ticket purchasing process you will select your seat for the screening. Seating has been organized to maintain physical distancing between parties.
- Please be prepared to show your tickets for contactless check-in. You may either show your ticket on a smartphone or print a copy. A list of patrons will also be available if you have any issues with your ticket.
- Parties are primarily limited to no more than six people sitting together.
- The overall capacity of The Brattle has been limited to reduce congestion and encourage physical distancing. Currently, a maximum of 120 tickets will be sold for each screening (~50% capacity).
- No late admission will be allowed. Anyone arriving 10 minutes or more after showtime may not be admitted.
- Frequent hand washing is encouraged. Hand sanitizing stations have been installed throughout The Brattle as well as touchless soap dispensers in our rest rooms.
- We have a robust cleaning protocol for The Brattle, especially high-touch areas. All Brattle staff have completed training in physical distancing and hygiene protocols.
- If you are feeling unwell or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home. You may contact us for a refund or to exchange tickets for a later date.
- By purchasing a ticket to The Brattle, you agree to comply with all Brattle policies, guidelines, and rules, including but not limited to wearing a face covering and adhering to other posted guidelines.
Update on Vaccine Requirement
Beginning on Friday, October 1, you will need one of the following items to gain entry to the Brattle:
- Physical vaccination card
- Photo of vaccination card, on phone or printed (photo must be legible)
- Digital vaccination record
- Negative COVID-19 test result (PCR only, within 72 hours)
- Photo ID may be requested
This is a visual check only upon entering and no records are kept of any personal details; much like showing ID for alcohol purchases.
Children under 12 who cannot yet be vaccinated may attend accompanied by a fully-vaccinated adult, but they must also wear a mask. Our existing mask policy (masks required unless actively eating or drinking while seated) will remain in place.
If you have already purchased a ticket for a screening on or after Friday, October 1 and are unable to comply with this new policy, please contact us at email@example.com for a refund. Refunds will not be issued for tickets purchased after Mon, Sept 27, 2021 if you show up at The Brattle without proof of vaccination or negative test result.
*Full vaccination, according to the CDC, is either two weeks after the second dose of a 2-dose series (such as Pfizer or Moderna vaccines), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (such as Johnson & Johnson’s). Proof of vaccination other than Pfizer, Moderna, or J&J will also be accepted as long as all information is clearly legible in English.
Welcoming you back to the cinema brings us joy and we have missed you! Our reopening decisions were made with the safety of our staff and patrons as our utmost priority. We are approaching our reopening effort slowly and cautiously – focusing on safety rather than the idea that we have to reopen as soon as possible.
All preparations have considered the latest guidance from health and safety officials at the local, state, and federal levels and have incorporated ideas from other cinemas and nonprofits that have reopened in advance of The Brattle.
These protocols will continue to be amended and updated as needed in accordance with new guidelines, internal findings, and information from the industry.
- As of 10/1/2021, all patrons must present proof of full COVID vaccination or a negative PCR COVID test for entry into the theater
- Refund policy adjusted to accommodate need to change ticket due to purchaser’s COVID exposure
- Tickets are only available online with reserved seating and contactless check-in
- Reduced capacity to allow more space between parties
- One party entry at a time for check-in
- Ticket holder line-up outside the lobby
- Face coverings are required for all staff and visitors while in The Brattle unless actively eating or drinking
- Hand sanitizer available in the cinema, lobby, and bathrooms
- Enhanced disinfection of high-touch surfaces, with full cleaning and disinfection of cinema nightly
- All staff are fully vaccinated.
- All staff trained on new policies, hygiene practices, and physical distancing
- Staff required to submit to a health assessment at the beginning of each shift including a temperature check
- Staff provided with personal protective equipment and required to wear face coverings while in The Brattle
- Access to disinfectant for any shared equipment, in addition to enhanced cleaning throughout the shift
- Plexi shield installed at concessions
Changes to The Brattle
- Cinema seating modified to support physical distancing
- Expanded seating times to reduce congestion
- HVAC assessment conducted by a NETR technician, confirming high quality fresh air flow in our cinema space (thank you, drafty, historic building!)
- Upgrade to MERV13 filters and installation of iWave ionizers for entire HVAC system
- Installation of touchless soap and sanitizer dispensers