What to Expect on Your Visit:
- Patrons must wear face coverings except when seated in the cinema. All Brattle staff must wear face coverings at all times.
- Physical distancing is encouraged at all times where possible inside the cinema.
- All tickets must be purchased in advance. Our box office is not currently available for walk-up sales.
- Every visitor will have a reserved seat. During the ticket purchasing process you will select your seat for the screening. Seating has been organized to maintain physical distancing between parties.
- Please be prepared to show your tickets for contactless check-in. You may either show your ticket on a smartphone or print a copy. A list of patrons will also be available if you have any issues with your ticket.
- Concessions may be ordered on-site using a smartphone or at the counter. A QR code is provided so you can order from your seat and receive a notification when the order is complete.
- No cash will be accepted at the concessions stand.
- Parties are primarily limited to no more than six people sitting together.
- The overall capacity of The Brattle has been limited to reduce congestion and encourage physical distancing. Currently, a maximum of 75 tickets will be sold for each screening.
- No late admission will be allowed. Anyone arriving 10 minutes or more after showtime may not be admitted.
- Frequent hand washing is encouraged. Hand sanitizing stations have been installed throughout The Brattle as well as touchless soap dispensers in our rest rooms.
- We have a robust cleaning protocol for The Brattle, especially high-touch areas. All Brattle staff have completed training in physical distancing and hygiene protocols.
- If you are feeling unwell or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home. You may contact us for a refund or to exchange tickets for a later date.
- By purchasing a ticket to The Brattle, you agree to comply with all Brattle policies, guidelines, and rules, including but not limited to wearing a face covering and adhering to other posted guidelines.
Welcoming you back to the cinema brings us joy and we have missed you! Our reopening decisions were made with the safety of our staff and patrons as our utmost priority. We are approaching our reopening effort slowly and cautiously – focusing on safety rather than the idea that we have to reopen as soon as possible.
All preparations have considered the latest guidance from health and safety officials at the local, state, and federal levels and have incorporated ideas from other cinemas and nonprofits that have reopened in advance of The Brattle.
These protocols will continue to be amended and updated as needed in accordance with new guidelines, internal findings, and information from the industry.
- Refund policy adjusted to accommodate need to change ticket due to purchaser’s COVID exposure
- Tickets are only available online with reserved seating and contactless check-in
- On-site phone ordering for concessions to reduce congestion in the lobby
- Reduced capacity to allow more space between parties
- One party entry at a time for check-in
- Ticket holder line-up outside the lobby
- Face coverings are required for all staff and visitors while in The Brattle unless seated
- Hand sanitizer available in the cinema, lobby, and bathrooms
- Enhanced disinfection of high-touch surfaces, with full cleaning and disinfection of cinema nightly
- All floor staff are fully vaccinated.
- All staff trained on new policies, hygiene practices, and physical distancing
- Staff required to submit to a health assessment at the beginning of each shift including a temperature check
- Staff provided with personal protective equipment and required to wear face coverings while in The Brattle
- Access to disinfectant for any shared equipment, in addition to enhanced cleaning throughout the shift
- Plexi shield installed at concessions
- No in person box office sales to maintain physical distance between staff members
Changes to The Brattle
- Cinema seating modified to support physical distancing
- Expanded seating times to reduce congestion
- HVAC assessment conducted by a NETR technician, confirming high quality fresh air flow in our cinema space (thank you, drafty, historic building!)
- Upgrade to MERV13 filters and installation of iWave ionizers for entire HVAC system
- Installation of touchless soap and sanitizer dispensers